Monday, November 17, 2008

Opryland Hotel visit

Here we are at the lavish Opryland Hotel in Nashville while Dan attends the state school board meeting. Christmas decorations are everywhere from poinsettia trees to glimmering lights that transform the gardens to a fairyland. I have walked myself to death visiting the shops and the mall across the street.

None of my shoes are comfortable anymore. Maybe I'll start using roller skates instead. We ate at our favorite restaurant, The Water's Edge, last night. I have never seen such a spread of appetizers, salads, breads, soups, vegetables, pasta, meats, and desserts. I ate so much hummus and veggies and pasta I had no room for dessert, but what a delicious meal!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I have written humor columns for a variety of publications including the Chicken Soup Books, Knoxville News Sentinel, The Oak Ridger, New Millennium Writings, CityView Magazine, and Ridges Magazine. Celtic Cat Publishing has released two of my humor books, LIFE AMONG THE LILLIPUTIANS, MEMORIES OF A LOOSE WOMAN, and a CD of humorous stories called JEST JUDY.