Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Keeping quiet for a change

The month of May was the busiest month I've had for a while. Had so many speaking engagements I was tired of hearing myself talk. Among others I spoke for Knoxville Southside Rotary, Farragut Middle School, Norris AARP,and the Council on Volunteers at Rothchild's along with Bill Landry from the Heartland Series. Bill spoke before I did and got the 300-plus audience in such a good mood it didn't matter what I said during my talk. They laughed at everything. Really took the pressure off me. Maybe he can do that for me everytime!

Tomorrow night I speak for Knoxville Writers' Guild. Then I have a few weeks off before I fly out to Texas and speak at the Doerr Family Reunion in June. Then it's off to Capitan, N.M., where I'll speak at the library on July 3 and visit with many high school friends. And, of course, I'm looking forward to being on the panel at Southern Festival of Books in Nashville in October.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I have written humor columns for a variety of publications including the Chicken Soup Books, Knoxville News Sentinel, The Oak Ridger, New Millennium Writings, CityView Magazine, and Ridges Magazine. Celtic Cat Publishing has released two of my humor books, LIFE AMONG THE LILLIPUTIANS, MEMORIES OF A LOOSE WOMAN, and a CD of humorous stories called JEST JUDY.