Saturday, October 4, 2008

KWG anthology launch

This was a great week for the Knoxville Writers' Guild (KWG). We launched our 8th anthology, Outscape: Writings on Fences and Frontiers, at Laurel Theatre on Thursday night. Edited by Jessie Janesheck and Jesse Graves, the anthology is a real treat with dozens of talented writers represented, I am very proud to have my memoir included, "Seashells, Hula Skirts, and Bob Hope: Memories of Guam." I lived on Guam in the early 1950's when my father was stationed there with the US Army. It was a magical time for me, and I hated being evacuated because of the threat of attack by North Korea.

The KWG also had readings at Barnes&Noble today where several of us read our poetry, fiction, and non-fiction. Coincidentally, the piece I read on Guam was one I composed in a writing workshop I took from Jeanne McDonald at the TN Writers' January Jumpstart two years ago. Jeanne also was one of the readers today.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I have written humor columns for a variety of publications including the Chicken Soup Books, Knoxville News Sentinel, The Oak Ridger, New Millennium Writings, CityView Magazine, and Ridges Magazine. Celtic Cat Publishing has released two of my humor books, LIFE AMONG THE LILLIPUTIANS, MEMORIES OF A LOOSE WOMAN, and a CD of humorous stories called JEST JUDY.