Sunday, September 7, 2008

Book Talks

Finished proofreading the first official copy of my book, Life Among the Lilliputians. Wasn't too bad, just a few missing periods and some extra spaces. The next hurdle is getting all the permissions together for the book. This means contacting every publication who has previously published one of the essays and light verse in the book. Some of the pieces are no problem as they appeared in anthologies that plainly say on the cover copyright belongs to the author of each individual piece. Others require a little more effort. So far everyone has been very cooperative though.

The next challenge is the schedule of talks I have about the book. I already do quite a bit of public speaking, but lately I've gotten even more invitations than I usually do. I spoke to the Red Hat Society of Roane County in August, along with St. Stephen's Lunch Bunch and EvaMag Live in September. Then's it's the Clinton Wednesday Club and Roane County Writers in October followed by a 5 hr humor writing workshop for the TN Mountain Writers on Nov. 1, OR Association of Education Office Professionals on Nov. 12, and Delta Kappa Gamma on Dec. 8. I'm also doing some anthology readings for the Knoxville Writers' Guild new anthology, Outscape : Writing on Fences and Frontiers. I'm not sure when I'm supposed to sleep these days!

1 comment:

My Name is Iosifina said...

Whoa, are there enough hours in the day for you, gal? I added your blog link to my blog. Thanks for adding mine!

Iosifina

About Me

My photo
I have written humor columns for a variety of publications including the Chicken Soup Books, Knoxville News Sentinel, The Oak Ridger, New Millennium Writings, CityView Magazine, and Ridges Magazine. Celtic Cat Publishing has released two of my humor books, LIFE AMONG THE LILLIPUTIANS, MEMORIES OF A LOOSE WOMAN, and a CD of humorous stories called JEST JUDY.