Saturday, September 13, 2008

Haitian Boys' Choir

This has been an extremely busy but fun week. My sister Mary and her husband Chris arrived on Monday night for a short visit on their way back to Houston. may and I enjoyed going to Erins' Meadow Herb Farm and shopping in Oak Ridge. They left Thursday and made it home before Ike struck. Luckily, their house was not damaged although they are still without power tonight.

On Friday, the Haitian Boy's Choir arrived in Oak Ridge. We sponsored four boys who spent the night with us after their wonderful concert at St. Stephen's Episcopal Church on Friday night. The group of 44 is touring the US for 3 weeks and sings at the National Cathedral in DC tomorrow. They are a very professional group with high standards and beautiful voices. We loved hearing them and the instrumentalists who accompanied them on some of the pieces. My favorites were the Haitian folk songs. I couldn't keep my foot still in the pew.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I have written humor columns for a variety of publications including the Chicken Soup Books, Knoxville News Sentinel, The Oak Ridger, New Millennium Writings, CityView Magazine, and Ridges Magazine. Celtic Cat Publishing has released two of my humor books, LIFE AMONG THE LILLIPUTIANS, MEMORIES OF A LOOSE WOMAN, and a CD of humorous stories called JEST JUDY.