Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Readings and talks

I never expected to be making so many talks about humor writing. By the end of 2008 I will have done about 20 talks on humor writing or my new book. I've done a few readings, too, but they don't involve as much work as a talk or workshop does. I'm speaking to the Roane County Writers on Oct. 16 in Kingston and doing a mini-workshop on humor writing. Then I do a five-hour workshop on Nov. 1 for the TN Mountain Writers. Its focus is also humor writing. I am madly putting together the format for both talks right now and wondering who wants to listen to me for five hours? ha.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I have written humor columns for a variety of publications including the Chicken Soup Books, Knoxville News Sentinel, The Oak Ridger, New Millennium Writings, CityView Magazine, and Ridges Magazine. Celtic Cat Publishing has released two of my humor books, LIFE AMONG THE LILLIPUTIANS, MEMORIES OF A LOOSE WOMAN, and a CD of humorous stories called JEST JUDY.